Work For Us
Child Aware counselling and psychology service are always on the lookout for professional and dedicated team members to join our expanding team. If you would like to work with children, adolescents, adults and families please register your expression of interest by sending your resume to email@example.com.
We are Hiring!
We are currently recruiting for a Psychologist or Mental Health Accredited Social Worker to work as an Independent Contractor at our Strathpine location.
Psychologist or Mental Health Accredited Social Worker
Child Aware Brisbane - Strathpine
We are looking for someone with a passion for counselling intervention, previous experience in the area of trauma, and has worked with children, adolescents, and adults with a broad range of mental health issues. At Child Aware you will provide client focused, evidence-based psychological services to children, young people, adults and families. At Child Aware we value:
- Ethical practice
- Professional standards
- Team work
- Working in the best interests of children and
- Making a positive contribution to children's mental health
We are looking for a fully registered psychologist or mental health accredited social worker who shares our values and passion for working with children, young people and families.
We are looking for a reliable, ethical and passionate applicant to join our team.
- 1 - 4 days per week at our Strathpine Office to provide counselling intervention to children, adolescents and adults
Your skills and experience
- An experienced generally registered Psychologist (Provisional Psychologists need not apply) or Mental Health Accredited Social Worker
- Experience and willingness in working with children and families who have experienced trauma (e.g. domestic violence, child sexual abuse)
- Be eligible for an Medicare Provider Number
- Demonstrated experience in providing comprehensive counselling, and therapeutic interventions, to children, young people and adults who present with issues related to mental health, trauma, challenging behaviours, family separation as well as general wellbeing.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and providing evidence based interventions for children, young people and adults.
- Be able to work independently, and as part of a busy team, catering to the needs of the client.
- Hold (or willing to obtain) professional indemnity and public liability insurance
What you will get in return
- Contractor rate will be based on experience
- Joining a dedicated and professional team with a diverse range of experience and backgrounds
- Strong, consistent referrals from a variety of sources, including, GPs and Department of Child Safety
- Full administration support and Practice Manager
- Regular individual supervision and group supervision
- Access to professional development
- Supportive team working environment
- Large office space with 5 consulting rooms and group/training room
- Diverse and varied work roles
- Opportunities for career progression
- Growth within a fast paced team
Please email your interest in this position to our Clinical and Operations Manager Susie Upton at firstname.lastname@example.org
No need to apply if you are a provisionally registered psychologist or do not hold mental health accreditation as a social worker.